Dr. Muhammad Zafar Iqbal
Crystal Palace FC
Dr. Zafar Iqbal is a Consultant in Sports and Exercise Medicine and currently serves as Head of Sports Medicine for Crystal Palace FC, a position he has held since 2015. Previously, he was Head of Sports Medicine for Liverpool FC for 5 seasons and the First Team Doctor for Tottenham Hotspur FC for 3 seasons. He also manages and advises International athletes across multiple sports.
Since 2005, Dr. Iqbal has been involved in a variety of Sports and Exercise Medicine settings in the NHS, private and academic sectors, and is committed to raising medical care standards for Premier League footballers and athletes. He is also a Senior Lecturer at Queen Mary University of London, a Lecturer at the Football Science Institute and Co-Chairman of the FA Medical Society, a role he has held since 2006.
Other Roles / Distinctions
- Member of the Premier League football Medical Governance Group, since May 2021
- Medical Advisor to Pakistan Cricket Board, since March 2021
- British Boxing Control Ringside Doctor, since April 2012
- Campaigner for AEDS in Schools / Public Places – Since Aug 2011
- Chairman of The Premier League Doctors Group, Feb 2016-Feb 2022
- DCMS CMO Covid Working Group, March 2020 – March 2022
- MBBS, BSc, DCH, DRCOG, MRCGP, MSc SEM, Dip PCR, FFSEM UK
Peer Reviewed Articles